Friday, April 28

What a fantastic day!

Look up there..

Look!

Blue..

Loads of Blue

Yes, it's a Blue Sky..

Ahhh.. Makes me grin.

It's about blummin' time that Spring sprung and the rain clouds finally naffed off for a bit.  I just hope this good weather can hold for the next 72 hours.  Which of course it won't as it's a Bank Holiday Weekend.  And all those people who are packing their caravans, and causing lengthy tailbacks as they drive at a ridiculously slow pace to Prestatyn need to be rained on.  Dammit, they expect to be rained on.  It's what being British is all about, after all: Expecting things to be just a bit naff, supporting the underdog and carrying an umbrella on a Bank Holiday Monday.

This weekend will be tinged with a bit of sadness though, as I'll be making my final trip of the season to the Home of Football, Anfield.  Sniff.  But at least I'll be welcoming a first-timer to the ground. 

My mother, at the grand old age of sixty, is going to her first ever football match this weekend.  Unless I see an elephant riding a bike in the next seventy two hours I cannot think of anything more surreal that will occur in the next few days.  My mum at a footy match!?  How bizarre!  It's actually quite a nice gesture on Mum's part, to be fair.  As my parents leave permanently for Spain next Month, Mum thought it would be nice for my Dad to have a last trip to a Liverpool match before they went, so she bought a pair of tickets.  Thankfully they're in a different stand to me, so I can still swear up a storm for ninety minutes, it's just my Dad who will have to watch his potty mouth!  LOL!

On a final note, and still on the subject of football, big congratulations to both Arsenal and Middlesbrough for reaching the finals of the Champion's League and the UEFA Cup respectively.  It's great to see English clubs so dominant in club football (now let's hope the World Cup campaign is equally successful).  Brilliant work!  Congrats.  I look forward to watching both finals.

But on final, final note, and this if for the Highbury bunch.. If you get it, it's only on loan! ;)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home