Friday, March 17

Purr-fect start to the day... NOT!

So, it's the first day of my long weekend... bliss.
I've been looking forward to this all week.
I roll over and briefly open my eyes and see that already I've slept well past the time I'd normally have to be jumping up and making a mad dash to the shower if this was a normal Friday.
As an additional bonus, despite being very pregnant now, my better half has decided that I need the rest today and so very kindly says I can sleep in whilst she does the school run.
So I get settled, and get comfy, and get ready for a well deserved lie in..
I hear the front door slam as they leave for school..
Ahh.. soon be in the land of nod now..

Just then, however, I hear the bedroom door squeak open..
CRRREEEEEAAAAKKK!
Footsteps pad their way across the bedroom carpet..
pad-pad-pad-pad-pad-pad-pad
With a muted miaow I am all of a sudden aware that something has jumped onto the bed next to me..
I am not alone.
I dare to open one eye and am confronted with the following stare:

Scary Cat Stare!

Ahh bejesus..!
It's purring and everything..
Even with my eyes closed I can feel it's piercing stare looking at me, through my closed eyes into my very soul
No matter I'll turn over..
Ahh yes..
That's better.. now where was I? Oh right, one way ticket to the land of nod please..

Just then though, the bedroom door squeaks again..
CRRREEEEEAAAAKKK!
There is more padding across the bedroom carpet..
pad-pad-pad-pad-pad-pad-pad
Before I know it I can feel that something else has jumped up beside me..
I tentatively open one eye, just a wee bit and am confronted with the following stare:

More Scary Cat Staring

Ahh bollocks!
I'm surrounded!
This one's purring too..
It's a conspiracy..
They're working in pairs like the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park..
The bastards!

So I'm up now, against my will and earlier than expected having had to make a fuss of two cats for about quarter of an hour. Still, at least it should be quite a relaxing day..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home