Friday, December 8

Holy Fuckalukadingdong

So we saw the Tenacious D movie last night..
Despite the megre 3 stars from the Empire Online review, I actually thought it was very funny. Sophisiticated, clever humour? Hell no, but after hearing the Tenacious D album and seeing KG and Jack perform live it was everything I had come to expect from the D.

I mean, who can fault any movie that opens with a four minute rock opera-ette featuring Jack Black, Meat Loaf and Ronnie James Dio? Add into the mix a satanic performace from Dave Grohl, a nod to a Clockwork Orange, the funniest "gig simulator" I've ever seen, and the best nob gag to grace the cinema screen in a long time, and I think it more than justified the admission price.

Plus the whole magic-mushroom sasquatch sequence was hysterically stupid - loved it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home